This page is to help in submitting info for inclusion on the website. It includes things like preferred file formats, sizes and properties.
Print this out in Landscape
You can now e-mail me all your stuff except any file over 10 megs (i.e.movies, PDFs) which you can FTP. There is a good free FTP facility at Sendspace ( http://www.sendspace.com/ ) if you do not have one of your own.
You should now send all your stuff in as a 'Project', and all the files should be sent as attaches in a unique e-mail, with the title of the Project in the 'Subject' box. Each Project will refer to a single artwork, exhibition, etc. and this will go on a single webpage with its own thumbnail on your homepage. If you have more than one Project each must go in a separate e-mail.
This should include :
- Image(s) : These should be JPG and 800 pixels maximum in any dimension @ 72dpi. They should be named in this format : yourinitials_artwork-name_01.jpg (i.e. pm_mona-lisa_01.jpg). The (01) refers to the position from the top of the page (i.e. the importance of the image - so 02 and 03 will be the two details or oblique views). '01' will probably stay the same but I may reduce subsequent images to fit in the layout. All images submitted in the Project will be put on the page so make sure you just put on the ones you want.
- Thumnail for the index : 160 (width) x 100 pixels @72dpi
- Text : This should be in a separate Word document (not in the e-mail itself) and include :
- Category : i.e. where do you want this on your site - installation, paintings, etc..
- Title or artwork
- Caption(s) for any image(s) - including date, materials, shown at..., etc.
- Main text about the work. Please avoid any heavy formatting - just the simple text with paragraph and line breaks where you want them. All text is converted to Verdana on the site.
- Any URLs for links you may require
- Meta-tags. Meta-tags are unseen keywords that search engines use to assess your page - they should adopt the format i.e. art, contemporary art, installation, london artist, ..... and so on - each keyword(s) separated by a comma then space
- PDFs - send these to me if they are small (less than 5Megs) and I can link to them directly. However, I would recommend the pdf publishing site at www.issuu.com which is free and you can then send me the 'embed' codes with your preferences. You can see how it works in the 'Catalogues by Concept' on my homepage www.a2arts.co.uk/malone. These page turning facilities are best suited to the wide screens that are fast becoming the standard. If you are going to do this, you should set the size at Issuu to 1615px by 1050px to fit in with this template.
- CVs : I am no longer doing html CVs - these should be sent as Word or PDFs and can be updated as often as you like
- Movies : Unless these are very small (less than 10 Megs) it would be better if these were linked from U-Tube, etc. and embedded - see how it works here on my Movie Site - though this is embedded from my Ottica TV project.
- A2 has a 'News' section on its home page and each artists page has a space for this. If you want to paste up an exhibition please follow the proceedure as per your 'Projects' i.e. info, text, thumbnail, link URL in a separate e-mail. Please keep this as brief as possible (i.e. PV 6pm. 01-Dec-2009)